Jan 4, 2010
Freescale Rolling Out $199 Tablet Computer
Written under: Technology
Freescale Semiconductor will be rolling out a new tablet computer design reference that is scheduled for the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2010.
With rumors about an imminent Apple Tablet computer, companies like Freescale, are now banking on design concepts that might interest these gadget manufacturers.
Freescales is pushing for a design that will “provide instant-on functionality, persistent connectivity and all-day battery life.”
According to sources, here are some of the the Freescale reference design specifications:
- Display: 7-inch (1024 x 600) touch screen
- Processor: Freescale i.MX515 processor based on ARM Cortex-A8 core
- Connectivity: 3G modem (option) 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.1, GPS
- Memory: 512 MB DDR2
- Storage: from 4GB to 64GB internal storage; removable micro SD
- Camera: 3 Mpixel (video recording up to VGA 30fps)
- Sensors: 3-axis accelerometer and an ambient light sensor
- Price: under $200
This tablet computer claims that it can run both the Android and Linux operating systems.