Jan 6, 2010
Orange Bowl 2010 Score: Iowa Wins
Written under: Sports
The FedEx Orange Bowl 2010 has just concluded and it was an exciting football match between Iowa and Georgia Tech.
However, in the end, Iowa won with an Orange Bowl 2010 score of 24-14 at the Land Shark Stadium in Miami.
Some fast facts and stats for the Orange Bowl 2010 courtesy of ESPN:
- Ricky Stanzi threw for 231 yards and two touchdowns as Iowa won its first major bowl game since 1959. It was Stanzi’s first game back from an ankle injury.
- Iowa’s defense shut down Georgia Tech’s running game, holding the Yellow Jackets to 143 yards.
- The Yellow Jackets were held to a season low in points (14) and total yards (156). In two bowl games under Paul Johnson, they have been outscored 62-17.
- The Big Ten improved to 4-3 in bowl games this season, the conference’s first winning record since 2002.
- The ACC dropped to 2-10 in BCS games all-time.
This was Iowa’s first victory in one of the big four bowl games – Orange, Sugar, Fiesta, Rose – for the first time since the 1959 Rose Bowl.
orange bowl 2010, iowa orange bowl, orange bowl 2010 results, orange bowl scores, orange bowl score